- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with each Chuff
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and Timing
- Locomotive Composition: Die Cast Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Tender Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 18 in or greater
You may have heard of Vanderbilt University. Did you know it was initially founded on the gift of Cornelius Vanderbilt?
That same Cornelius Vanderbilt was also known as Commodore and he built his wealth in shipping and railroads. The Commodore was a shrewd businessman and is patriarch to the well-known Vanderbilt family. Vanderbilt purchased controlling interests in several railroads including the Hudson River Railroad, the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railway and also the New York Central.
The Commodore Vanderbilt Hudson locomotive was named for the NYCs early leader and is a creation of Carl F. Kantola, a NYC careerman of 47 years. The No. 5344 Hudson was the prototype and it was modified to accept the iconic streamlined shrouding which was designed by the Case Institute of Technology. On December 27, 1934 the Commodore Vanderbilt debuted at Grand Central Station and kicked off an exhibition tour of major NYC route cities. It then was placed in service hauling the 20th Century Limited.
Were pleased to bring to HO the most accurate and desirable Commodore Vanderbilt Hudson ever.
Empfohlen für Modellbauer und Sammler ab 14 Jahren. Aufgrund maßstabs- und vorbildgerechter bzw. funktionsbedingter Gestaltung sind Spitzen, Kanten und Kleinteile vorhanden. Verschluckungsgefahr. Deshalb nicht in die Hände von Kindern unter 10 Jahren!