The Alco RSD-15's were built between 1956 and 1960 in Schenectady, New York. The RSD-15 was powered by an Alco 251 16-cylinder V-type engine. Rated at 2,400 horsepower, these versatile locomotives were suited for mainline freight and passenger service. The locomotive rode on 3-axle trucks with all axles powered by GE model 752 traction motors. The trucks have asymmetrical axle spacing because of the position of the traction motors. The six-motor design allowed for higher tractive effort at lower speeds than a similar four-motor design.
The RSD-15's could be ordered with either a high or low short hood, and the low hood versions quickly earned the nickname "alligators" due to their unusually long noses.
In 2022, we are offering models of the RSD-15's in N scale with DCC & Sound for the first time. We are offering models of RSD-15's from 9 railroads in 10 distinct paint schemes. All road numbers and paint schemes are prototypically accurate. We are also building three models that were very similar in real life - two C&O RSD-7's and a CP RSD-17. The models will be BLI RSD-15 models with the C&O and CP paint schemes applied. There wasn't a lot of detail variation among the RSD-15's, and we are making three distinct models - a standard low-hood model, a standard high-hood model, and a PRR-type high hood model with different locations for the bell and horns.
Independently controllable lights in each RSD-15 model:
- Rear Light
- Cab Light
- Front & Rear Numberboards
Industry-leading Model Features:
- Paragon4 Sound & Control System featuring ROLLING THUNDER
- Integral Dual-Mode Decoder with Back EMF for Superb Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism Engineered for Heavy Towing and Smooth Slow Speed Operation
- All Wheel Electrical Pick-up
- ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis for Maximum Tractive Effort
- Premium Caliber Painting
- Prototypically Accurate Paint Schemes and Road Numbers
- Many Separately Applied Details such as Handrails, Grab Irons, Horns, Bell, and Antenna
- Prototypical Light Operation
- Prototypically Accurate Sounds for the Alco RSD-15 Diesel Locomotive
- Metal Kadee-compatible Couplers (2)
- Will Operate on Code 55, Code 70, and Code 80 Rail
- Minimum Operating Radius: 9 inches
Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce Paragon4: The new benchmark for premium HO sound-equipped locomotives. These DC and DCC-Sound equipped locomotives feature the ALL-NEW Paragon4 sound and control system. Each Paragon4 locomotive comes with BLI's own integral DCC Decoder factory installed. Paragon4 locomotives offer Dual Mode DC and DCC operation with superb back EMF motor control, improved DC motor control, built-in capacitor pack for more reliable electrical pick-up, industry best on-board sound with Rolling Thunder functionality, Pro Lighting Mode for prototypical light control, Switcher model for precise low speed control, recordable DCC operation for automated playback, and the same excellent detail level as Broadway Limited's Paragon3 Series models.
Paragon4 Sound & Control System Features:
- Operates in DC & DCC with improved DC speed control (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Built-In extra capacitance to navigate imperfect track
- Pro Lighting Mode offers individual control of all lights on model
- Switcher Mode for precise low speed control
- Record & Play Operation - Records and plays back sounds and movements once or repeatedly for automatic operation
- High Resolution Audio
- Quillable Horn for various whistle lengths and patterns
- Choice of 3 selectable Horns
- Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle - both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
- Multiple realistic passenger and crew sounds play on command
- Grade Crossing Automatic Signal
- Automatic Forward / Reverse Signal
- Prime Mover sound intensity varies with load
- Individually adjustable sound volumes for each effect
- EZ Reset Button for quick return to factory default settings
Empfohlen für Modellbauer und Sammler ab 14 Jahren. Aufgrund maßstabs- und vorbildgerechter bzw. funktionsbedingter Gestaltung sind Spitzen, Kanten und Kleinteile vorhanden. Verschluckungsgefahr. Deshalb nicht in die Hände von Kindern unter 10 Jahren!