The Milwaukee Road S3 is a 4-8-4 steam locomotive built by the American Locomotive Company in 1944. The S-3 is the culminating iteration of the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad's own 1930 S-1 Northern design. In 1937, Baldwin delivered 30 S-2s into service and in 1940 delivered another 10 S-2 locomotives. Finally, in 1943, Alco built the 10 S-3 locomotives - road numbers 260 - 269. They were used in freight and passenger service during the ten years they were operating.
Two S3's survive today. #261 was retired in 1956 and donated to the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Today the locomotive is owned and operated by the Friends of the 261, which uses the locomotive for occasional excursions. #265 was retired in September 1956 and donated to the city of Milwaukee. It sat on display until 1975, and then was moved to the Illinois Railway Museum where it still resides.
In this production run, we are building models of the 261, 265, and three other road numbers in the prototypical paint scheme. We are also offering a limited quantity of two versions of #261 painted in Hiawatha paint schemes - one incorporating the 1935 Hiawatha Scheme and the other incorporating the 1952 Hiawatha livery. Finally, we will offer one model painted but unlettered. All models will have the same details and features.
Industry-leading Model Features:
- ALL-NEW Paragon4 Sound & Control System
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with Chuff Sound
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and timing
- Integral DCC Decoder with Back EMF for Industry Best Slow Speed Operation in DC and DCC
- Precision Drive Mechanism engineered for continuous heavy load towing and smooth slow speed operation
- 5-Pole Can Motor with Skew Wound Armature
- Heavy Die Cast Boiler, Tender Body, and Chassis for Increased Tractive Effort
- Premium Caliber Painting with Authentic Paint Scheme
- Prototypical Light Operation with Separately Controllable Headlight, Rear Light, Cab Light, and Red Mars Light
- Factory-installed Engineer and Fireman Figures
- Prototypically Accurate Road Numbers for each Model
- Many Separately Applied Details such as Handrails, Ladders, Piping, Whistle, and Brass Bell
- Equipped with Rubber Traction Tires for Increased Pulling Power
- Recommended Minimum Radius: 18 inches
- Accurate Prototypical Sounds for the MILW S3 Northern
Broadway Limited Imports is proud to introduce Paragon4: The new benchmark for premium HO sound-equipped locomotives. These DC and DCC-Sound equipped locomotives feature the ALL-NEW Paragon4 sound and control system. Each Paragon4 locomotive comes with BLI's own integral DCC Decoder factory installed. Paragon4 locomotives offer Dual Mode DC and DCC operation with superb back EMF motor control, improved DC motor control, built-in capacitor pack for more reliable electrical pick-up, industry best on-board sound with Rolling Thunder functionality, Pro Lighting Mode for prototypical light control, Switcher model for precise low speed control, recordable DCC operation for automated playback, and the same excellent detail level as Broadway Limited's Paragon3 Series models.
Paragon4 Sound & Control System Features:
- Operates in DC & DCC with improved DC speed control (use DCMaster for DC Sound)
- Built-In capacitor pack to navigate imperfect track
- Capacitor Pack automatically disabled on program track for full compatibility with JMRI Decoder Pro
- Pro Lighting Mode offers individual control of all lights on model
- Switcher Mode for precise low speed control.
- Record & Play Operation - Records and plays back sounds and movements once or repeatedly for automatic operation
- High Resolution Audio
- Quillable Whistle for various whistle lengths and patterns
- Choice of 3 selectable Horns
- Alternate Whistle / Horn where applicable for locomotive with air horn and steam whistle - both the main whistle and alternate can be easily played
- Adjustable bell ringing interval for faster or slower bell
- Numerous user-mappable functions with available keys
Empfohlen für Modellbauer und Sammler ab 14 Jahren. Aufgrund maßstabs- und vorbildgerechter bzw. funktionsbedingter Gestaltung sind Spitzen, Kanten und Kleinteile vorhanden. Verschluckungsgefahr. Deshalb nicht in die Hände von Kindern unter 10 Jahren!